Quality. Service. Integrity.

History

The history of Americraft traces back to 1907, when Kaplan Paper Box first opened its doors in St. Paul, Minnesota. In 1983, Color Carton Company (“CCC”) was incorporated in Missouri, with the goal of acquiring multiple folding carton plants. Through the 1980s, CCC acquired Kaplan Paper Box, as well as Southland Paper Company in Memphis, TN; Prince Packaging in Lowell, MA; and Sturgis Packaging Company in Sturgis, MI.

In 1992, the name of the corporation was changed from Color Carton Company to Americraft Carton Group, Inc, and each of the subsidiaries changed their names to Americraft Carton, Inc. The 1990s also saw the acquisition of Sara Lee’s folding carton plant in Winston-Salem, NC as well as Kerr Printing Company in Norwalk, Ohio.

At the end of 2013, Americraft agreed to purchase the business and certain assets of Simkins Industries, adding a plant in Marietta, GA, and customers from a variety of industries and areas.  With this growth Americraft became the largest independent user of paperboard in the United States, and further solidified its position as one of the largest privately-owned paperboard folding carton manufacturers in North America.

Today, Americraft operates these seven manufacturing sites as well as many sales and customer service locations throughout the country.

© 2017 Americraft Carton, Inc.